K-Kids will remain at Sally B. Mathis next year
BUGS – looking for a new school for next year
Interclub – next meeting will be in January
Rande shared that Kiwanis is working 513.5 hours at the fair this year!
Save-A-Round Book Fundraiser:
- Sample Books / Sales Packets distributed today.
- Due back December 4th.
- Can order online for any city (additional $5 for shipping)
TONY ALLEGRETTI, Executive Director of Cultural Council of Greater Jacksonville
- Visit the Cultural Council Website for more information
- Council receives allocation from City budget, which provides grants to 26 non-profit organizations
- Funds are used for operating costs (payroll, etc.)
- There are nearly 1,500 employees of organizations that receive grant funds
- Focused on kids in under serviced areas
- Cultural service internship – Students met with executive directors of all cultural organizations that receive cultural funding. The students created a blog to raise awareness for peers and family members
- Lift Every Student – Supports exposure of children from low socio-economic areas to culture and art in the community
- Cultural Council provides opportunities for artists and students to create business opportunities
- Rande asked about murals on silos near the Hart Bridge – These were created (in two days!!) by “Art Republic”.